Amy's address

hermana amy crofts
uruguay montevideo west mission
1167 Enrique Martinez
Montevideo Uruguay 11.800

Thursday, March 18, 2010

3/18/10

Greetings from Argentina! Another week down and one more p-day here at the ccm left.. i honestly cannot believe it! in two weeks from now i will be getting to my first area and meeting my trainer.. haha good thing its on april fools day. woohoo! im thinkin about maybe trying to play a joke on her. any ideas!? i want some good suggestions por favor. how are you all? thanks so much for your emails and letters they are so invaluable to me. i love you all so much! and miss you more than you know! i hope everyones week was good. mine was absoluteley great! i have been very blessed by the Lord this week. as you all know, we got a new group here last week and it has been very different. i was really quite worried when they came that i was going to hate it but the Lord has truly helped me! my new companion is from uruguay and she is very sweet, she has a very strong testimony but she is also very quiet. the other two sisters in my room are from argentina and are both very nice! while i have been here i havent been speaking as much spanish as i should and ive had a hard time speaking. i can understand a lot but when it ever came to talking i just wouldnt because i was scared that i would make a mistake, muy triste. on this last saturday i went into a latino district for the day because there were no other sisters that were here that could go out proselyting. it was crazy! i had to focus so hard! and even then i didnt really quite understand everything that was being said and then it came to teaching with my companion oohh boy was that hard! pretty soon she took over most of the teaching and i just added in when i could. it was hard for the both of us. i prayed alot that day for help and i could feel it but i was very happy when my district came back and i could be with them again. on sunday i got to talking to one of the new north americans hermana smith who is actually from st. george and wh i knew before my mission. we got into a great gospel discussion and after i decided that i would pray for help from the Lord so that i will be ready to leave when the time comes. it was amazing the answer i recieved back, i had the feeling that i should write down all of my goals and make myself a mini mission statement of what i want to accomplish everyday. i have it hanging above my bed and i read it everyday now! it has helped me so much with my attitude and my spanish! on monday i had the best day here yet! i spoke amazing spanish.. its starting to really click for me! i cant believe it but the Lord has blessed me immensely! i honestly cant tell you how much i have felt him in my life during my time here. especially this last week its like everyday i grow closer and closer with him and i can feel him always.

there are two new north american sisters here that i have so much fun with! we just laugh and laugh, im convinced that they are halfway crazy.... hahah just exactly what i needed! i really love it! i dont get to see them much but its so great whenever we´re together. we help each other alot. haha one of my roomates speaks a little bit of spanish which i found out the other day when she all the sudden told me that i was going to die! hahaha and then the other day she held up her fist and said i have a present for you! hahaha im watchin my back these days! hahah its funny! i love all the teachers and people who work here.. we all have our inside jokes.. its so awesome! hna george the presidents wife pulled me aside the other day and gave me a huge compliment. she said that everyone appreciates how modest and loving i am and that she considers me to be the example to all of the sisters... holy moley who´d have thought! it was crazy to hear that. but i have to go i love you all so much! keep writing PLEASE!!!!!!! i love you!

hna crofts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers