Amy's address

hermana amy crofts
uruguay montevideo west mission
1167 Enrique Martinez
Montevideo Uruguay 11.800

Thursday, February 11, 2010

2/11/10

Hi everyone!!! wow! thank you all so much for all your letters... you have no idea
how much they´ve brightened my day! for the future tho could you send me things
through dearelder.com becuase i dont have very much time to read them on here and i
want to be able to have them and read them whenever i want to. we only get 30 minutes
every thursday to email. but we have like 3 hours to write letters so if you could
please use dearelder. thanks for setting up a new email address for me.. that will be
very helpful. well this week has been crazy! saturday was a very humbling experience...
we went out into the middle of nowhere in buenos aires and they dropped us off and
said theyd come pick us up in 7 hours. everything is soooooo different here! men dont
wear shirts and women decide not to wear bras.. dont ask me why! and to avoid us they
do crazy things like pick their nose or run into there house or... try to sweep us
away with a broom. not to mention they would sick their dogs on us sometimes. dogs
here equal no bueno! but we were able to talk to a couple of people and set up
appts for this saturday! please pray for me and hna kleinman to have the gift of
tongues we will need it! i love the feeling of the spirit here.. it is in everything!
it has been hard here but it has been amazing as well. the lord has comforted me in
my trials and i am trying to maintain a happy positive attitude! its not too hard to
do though... i LOVE this gospel my testimony grows everyday times ten. i wish my
spanish would do that too haha to practice i always try to talk to the latino
missionaries. there are two sisters across the hall that i like to joke with...
it involves alot of charades but i get my point across. this saturday my goal is to
go out proselyting and not be scared to talk.. because it hit me this week how
every person i talk to this is my opportunity to change their lives and give them
the happiness and joy i feel everyday. who cares about formalities and what they
think! this is what God wants so they better just listen! i have gotten sick a
couple times from the food but its ok... i survived. everyone here is very nice and
i love my companion even though i hardly ever get to see her. I will try to write
more next week! I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!
Hermana Crofts
ps.. keep those letters coming por favor :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers