Amy's address

hermana amy crofts
uruguay montevideo west mission
1167 Enrique Martinez
Montevideo Uruguay 11.800

Sunday, February 28, 2010

2/25/2010

Greetings from Argentina!!!
How is everyone this week? how are the olympics? I really enjoyed the letters and emails i recieved today and yesterday.. i love the updates, the inspirational thoughts and most of all just hearing from you guys! i love you all so very much.. you have no idea :) so anyways, i have now been wearing a skirt everyday for four weeks now.. who´d a thought i coulda made it that long. haha and secretly im getting used to it and liking it. i know i know... im shocked too! haha you should see my legs.. i have mosquito bites ALL over them and dont worry i havent bothered to shave my legs since ive been here. you probably couldnt tell them apart from the elders legs! my companion and i have decided not to shave until she leaves in 2 weeks.. oh sad day!!! i really love my companion she makes me laugh so hard everyday.. dont worry im still definitely not as serious as i probably could be but i think the Lord is okay with that. It has rained so much here in the last week. i cant believe the ccm isnt under water! i almost went crazy one day because i didnt get to go outside and play ultimate frisbee all is well though the sun is back. time is flying by!
the language is coming! this last week i feel like i learned so so much. i have become totally enveloped into this glorious work! i feel so extremely blessed to be here right now and have the opportunity everyday to better myself. i have started to read the book of mormon in spanish and i understand most of what it says! i can´t wait until when i can understand everything completely.. slowly but surely it´ll come. prosletismo was great this last saturday! my companion and i were able to have quite a bit of success which was awesome because i was thinking it might turn out really bad.. but my doubts quickly vanished! the people here are so very nice and genuine. i love how family based they are.. every saturday i see famillies out in the streets. its how it should be! we taught two guys that seemed pretty interested. we gave them books of mormon.. i hope they read them. we are getting a new area this saturday.. its going to be interesting!
so who wants to hear a funny joke courtesy of one of the elders from canada in my district.. probably he and my comp make me laugh the most here but anyways, why did the kid fall of the bicycle? haha because someone threw a refrigerator at him! haha dont know why its so funny but this week has been great!

personal study time is my favorite time of the day and this past week i have been doing a lot of thinking and i want to share with you how i want my mission to be. this scripture is found in helaman 10:4-5 it says Blessed art thou, Nephi, for those things which thou hast done; for I have beheld how thou hast with unwearyingness declared the word, which I have given unto thee, unto this people. And thou hast not feared them, and hast not sought thine own life, but hast sought my will, and to keep my commandments.
5 And now, because thou hast done this with such unwearyingness, behold, I will bless thee forever; and I will make thee mighty in word and in deed, in faith and in works; yea, even that all things shall be done unto thee according to thy word, for thou shalt not ask that which is contrary to my will.

This scripture has now become my mission statement. i want to unwearyingly declare the word, have no fear, not seek my own life but his will, and keep his commandments(or be 100% obedient). I KNOW if i do these things that the lord will bless me forever!! i love this gospel so much, my testimony has grown by leaps and bounds since i have been here! i could not be happier because i am in the service of Him who made me and whom i owe my whole life to!

I love you all so much!!! Thank you for your examples! Im praying for you all!

Hermana Crofts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers