Amy's address

hermana amy crofts
uruguay montevideo west mission
1167 Enrique Martinez
Montevideo Uruguay 11.800

Thursday, February 4, 2010

2/4/2010

Hello family?? Do you know where your missionary is? I would love a letter! we get dearelder.com letters back here pretty fast. it's crazy down here.. different but its nice. i'm in a district with all elders and me. so in all of my classes there are nine elders and me. i don't have a companion to be with all day. i pretty much only see mine on at night and at meals for a couple minutes. it's cool but it can be frustrating sometimes to be with these young men all day. they are like my little brothers now though and i think we will all just get closer. i have been studying really hard, and my spanish is starting to come. i can already pray, testify, say my objective, the first vision, and teach most of the principles of the restoration in spanish! i love being able to study the gospel all day and to push myself to expand my understanding of spanish. im trying to stay completely focused. Our teachers are all native and its nice also because there are as many latino missionaries here as there are english so it almost makes you have to speak spanish. so down here they do a thing called prosletismo where they send the missionaries out to contact people in buenos aires. normally when you first go out you go for two hours but for me its a special situation, since my companion has been here for three weeks longer than i have i get to go out for seven hours. talk about getting thrown into the fire! so i have been studying as hard as i can so i dont get eaten alive by these people... im quite nervous! the food down here is either really good or not to great... its always a surprise. ive been trying to get used to eating meat and potatoes every week.. not an easy task. the fruits really good though! PLEASE WRITE ME!!!! i need you! ive got my heavenly father and all these people but i need my family here on earth.. i love you all very much!

Hermana Crofts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers